The Instagram archiving function is an underappreciated treasure. It’s like having a hidden vault where you can find your past articles and stories organized by month and year, ready to be read anytime.
To access the archive, just go to your profile page, click the ellipsis (…), and then pick the archive option. After logging in, you’ll have access to your past comments, articles, and posts from over the years.
Like having a time machine right at your disposal! You can see your sense of style development, recall memorable occasions, and relive the times you laughed so hard you wept.
That’s not, however, the whole story. If you remove or hide a post or story by mistake, utilize the archive tool to restore it. It’s like getting a do-over on Instagram. Exploring your Instagram backlog is thrilling and can transport you to happier times.
So, the important question among Instagram fans is, “Can I see archived stories and posts on Instagram desktop?”
Do not worry because this article explains where to find the Instagram story and post archives and how to see them on a desktop.
So, are you prepared to take a trip down memory lane and share your most cherished moments on Instagram?
How do you access the Instagram desktop?
You must log into Instagram from a computer to see your archived stories and posts on your Instagram desktop.
After that, you can use any modern web browser like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge.
Follow these instructions to use Instagram on your computer:
- Put “instagram.com” into the address bar of your browser of choice.
- Enter your username and password to enter your account. If you are logged in, you will be transported directly to your feed.
- If you are signed in, you can access your Instagram story, feed, profile, and other features through the web app.
Instagram’s desktop users share many of the mobile app’s capabilities. Some features may be turned off or have restricted functionality. The greatest experience can be had by downloading the app on your mobile device.
Archived Instagram stories & posts: what are they?
To avoid confusion for anyone who may not be familiar with Instagram, let us first define the archive.
Instagram posts and stories are hidden when you want to document them but don’t want to show them publicly.
You should keep backups of your Instagram account in a separate directory. All your Instagram stories and posts will be archived here
if you click the Archive button.
Storing text and information is helpful when you want to delete it but retain the option to return it later.
In other words, it is a temporary storage method. Additionally, the Instagram Stories and posts you share are archived when they expire.
Now that all of us are familiar with the archive feature on Instagram for stories and posts and also learn how to sign in to our Instagram desktop, let’s see how we can use this feature and also understand that we can see archived stories and posts on Instagram desktop
How do you see your archived stories on Instagram PC?
Okay, in this part, let’s see how we can see the archived stories on the Instagram desktop. The important fact about this topic is that Instagram desktop does not support viewing archived stories by itself.
Instagram’s desktop app has a few features, such as seeing your feed, searching for certain individuals, and interacting with posts you find interesting.
Expired stories are removed from the feed and stored in the archive, which can only be seen on Instagram’s mobile app.
By doing so, you can avoid having your profile and feed cluttered with outdated stories but still access them whenever you choose.
But there is a method you can use to do it easily: the third app party!
You will no longer appear in your followers’ feeds when you archive your Instagram stories or posts.
Your Instagram posts and stories will remain private in perpetuity. When you make them available to your followers again after being archived, they will appear just as before.
How do you archive stories on Instagram PC by a third app party?
As we mentioned above, archiving the stories on Instagram desktop is impossible, but to continue, we have outlined a straightforward method for this purpose:
- Launch Instagram on PC using the BlueStacks app player in the first step.
- In the second step, check out your profile.
- In the third step, you can archive a specific story by clicking on it.
- In the fourth step, use the ellipses (three dots) in the post’s upper right corner for more options.
- Finally, choose ‘Archive’ from the drop-down menu.
How do you archive stories on the Instagram app?
So, you should learn how to see archived stories on the Instagram app:
- Step 1: Launch the Instagram mobile application.
- Step 2: Tap your mug in the lower right to access your profile.
- Step 3: To do this, open a new tab by clicking the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Step 4: Choose archive from the drop-down list.
All the stories you’ve saved up to this point are now shown in a chronological list.
In addition, by choosing a story and clicking the ellipses (…) in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, you can examine it, share it, repost it to your current story, or remove it from your archive folder.
It’s important to remember that deleting an Instagram story from your archive folder means you’ll never be able to retrieve it again.
How do I see your archived posts on Instagram PC?
- Firstly, click on your image in the upper right corner to access your profile.
- Secondly, in the upper right corner of your profile, you’ll see a hamburger menu (three stacked lines). Tap the button.
- Thirdly, in the menu that appears, choose “Archive.”
- Fourthly, when you click here, you’ll be sent to a page where you may see every post you’ve ever archived.
- Fifthly, to read a particular entry, just click on the link.
- Finally, restoring an archived post is as simple as clicking the post’s three dots and selecting “Show on profile.”
The important tip you should consider is that when you archive an Instagram post, the original post is saved, and so are any comments, likes, and views it has gotten.
To delete an archived post permanently, go to the archive page, pick the post you wish to remove, and click the Delete button.
Some advice on how to organize your archived posts & stories
- Sort your archived posts and stories by creating folders for them. You may make one labeled “Vacation Photos” and another labeled “Throwback Posts.”
- To locate particular entries, use the search field on the archive page. Keyword and hashtag searches are supported.
- If you want to see what was archived and when, use the date filter.
- You can delete or restore numerous posts at once by selecting them all and clicking the “Select” button at the top right of the archive page.
How do you delete or restore the archived content on Instagram?
- To access your archive page, please refer to the third outline.
- Simply click on the unwanted post to delete it.
- Just hit the post’s “more” button in the right corner.
- To remove it, click the “Delete” button.
- You will reach your archive page by following the third outline’s instructions.
- If you wish to restore a previous post, click on it.
- Use the ellipses (three dots) in the post’s upper right corner for more options.
- Pick the option that reads “Show on profile.”
The last word
Instagram’s story and post archives may be seen on mobile devices but present certain challenges when accessed from a desktop computer.
You can soon access and relive those cherished moments by following the simple procedures outlined above.
Because Instagram often modifies its terms and rules, it is important to consult the Instagram website for more assistance.
So, we tried to collect the most important and practical data and steps for you, and we hope all the information is helpful for you.
Let’s hear it from you guys: have you ever had to ask, “Can I see archived stories and posts on Instagram desktop?”
If you answered “yes,” please consider contributing further information to benefit our readers.