If you have recently registered on Twitter and are interested in using this social network to interact with others and talk about common interests. But you don’t know how to find contacts on Twitter, this article howdiscover.com will teach you how to find people on Twitter, stay with us until the end of the article.
Find contacts on Twitter by uploading and managing contacts
When you upload contacts to your account, you can find people you may know on Twitter. You can then find and follow contacts who have allowed other people to find them with their email address or phone number.
You can also use the entered address of contacts in your book to personalize content, such as offers or display user accounts and tweets for you and other people.
By doing, privacy settings that allow others to find you by your email address or phone number.
Find your audience on Twitter
- Step 1: In the top menu, tap on your profile icon, then tap on Settings & Privacy.
- Step 2: Tap on Privacy & Security.
- Step 3: In the Discoverability and contacts section, tap on the Identity and Contacts option.
- Step 4: Tap on Sync phonebook contacts. When you sync your contacts, your phonebook contacts are uploaded to Twitter.
- Step 5: Accounts of contacts in your phonebook who are already using Twitter will be displayed.
How to find contacts on Twitter Android, IOS, PC
You can control whether Twitter uses your address book to suggest your account to others by setting privacy settings that allow others to find you by your email address or phone number.
Find contacts on Twitter for iOS
- Open Twitter and tap on your current profile picture in the top left corner of the screen to bring up the menu.
- Now tap on “Settings and privacy”.
- Then tap on “Privacy and Security”.
- Now tap on “Discoverability and contacts”
- Turn on the following keys on your screen:
- Let others find you by your email.
- Let others find you by your phone.
- Now turn on the Sync address book contacts button to upload your contact list to Twitter.
- Tap Sync contacts to complete the process.
- Then tap ok to confirm.
Find contacts on Twitter for Android:
1. In the top menu, you will see the navigation menu icon or your profile icon in the left corner. Tap on any icon you have.
2. Tap on “Settings and privacy”.
3. Then tap on “Privacy and safety”.
4. In the discoverability and contact section, tap on “Discoverability and contacts” at the bottom of the opened screen.
5. Now turn on the toggles below by tapping on it.
- Let others find you through your email.
- Let others find you through your phone.
6. Now turn the “Sync address book contacts” switch to the on or active position.
Once Twitter has synced your contacts, you should be able to see suggestions based on your uploaded contact list.
Find contacts on Twitter for PC:
- If you are using a desktop device, you can follow this guide to find individual or all contacts from your Twitter account.
- Open Twitter.com in your favorite browser and sign in to your account. After registration, click on “More” or “More” on your left and select “Settings and Privacy”.
- Now click on “Privacy and Safety”.
- Select Discoverability and contacts.
- On the new page that opens, make the two options Let people who have your email address find you on twitter and Let people who have your phone number find you on twitter blue and active.
When you sync your contacts, your device’s address book contacts are constantly uploaded to Twitter.
Accounts of your address book contacts who are already on Twitter will be shown. You can choose who to follow.
Stop syncing phone contacts on the Twitter for iOS or Android app
You can stop loading your contacts by adjusting your phonebook’s contact sync settings.
Stop syncing phone contacts on Twitter for iOS:
- Step 1: In the top menu, tap on your profile icon. Tap Settings & Privacy, then tap Privacy & Security.
- Step 2: Next to Phonebook Contacts Sync, slide the slider to disable.
Stop syncing phone contacts on Twitter for Android:
- Step 1: In the top menu, you will see the navigation menu icon or your profile icon. Tap on any icon you have.
- Step 2: Tap on Settings and privacy, then tap on Privacy and safety.
- Step 3: In the Identity and Contacts section, tap on the Identity and Contacts option.
- Step 4: Next to Sync phonebook contacts, uncheck the box to disable sync.
Note: When you disable your phonebook contact sync settings on a specific device, this will only stop syncing contacts to Twitter for that device. If you want to stop syncing your contacts from other devices as well, you must adjust the settings on those devices or remove all contacts from Twitter. Twitter will continue to store and use contacts you’ve already uploaded unless you delete all contacts.
Delete contacts from Twitter on phone (for iOS or Android)
- Step 1: In the top menu, tap on your profile icon (iOS) or navigation menu icon or profile icon (Android).
- Step 2: Tap Settings & Privacy, then tap Privacy & Security.
- Step 3: In the Identity and Contacts section, tap on Identity and Contacts.
- Step 4: Tap on Delete All Contacts. You need to confirm it by tapping on the request to remove all contacts.
Note: This will delete the contacts you’ve previously uploaded and disable your account’s phonebook contact sync settings on devices you’ve previously selected to sync contacts to. Please note that this will take some time and you may see some suggestions to follow on Twitter (based on your audience) in the meantime.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do other people know that I have uploaded their contact?
No, your contacts and acquaintances will not be notified whenever you upload their contact on Twitter. This is a private action that is visible and accessible only to you.
How safe is it to share contacts with Twitter?
Sharing or uploading contacts on Twitter is completely safe. The platform only uses identifiers such as email addresses and phone numbers to find your friends and family if they have registered on the platform with the same identifier. This does not mean that your data is completely safe. The platform has suffered from data breaches in the past, which could put your data at risk in the future. We recommend using caution when uploading contacts to Twitter.
Can others see my shared contacts?
No, no one on Twitter can view and manage your uploaded contacts except you. It gives you complete privacy and independence in how you communicate with your friends and family on Twitter.
I no longer want to share contacts with Twitter, what should I do?
To disable Contact Sync for your Twitter account, you can simply turn off the toggles you previously enabled. After doing this, you can use the next section to remove all your uploaded contacts from the platform.
In this article, we told you how to find your mobile phone contacts on Twitter. In certain case it may be necessary to prevent phone contacts from syncing, or delete Twitter contacts for privacy.