Hearing notifications is always enjoyable; maybe you have been waiting for someone to text you, notice a soccer match’s final result, or even remind you to call your mom.
But has it ever happened to jump on your phone and realize it was only a bummer? Is there a way to change its sound to distinguish when it is from where you have been waiting for?
If you are an Instagram lover, how about changing the Instagram notification sound to realize whether it is from Instagram, even with the screen off?
Changing the sound of notifications on Instagram
By default, every platform of your smart device has the same sound whenever it sends any notification, but personalizing them is what can change it.
Users can change the sound of notifications on every platform they want, including Instagram, to whatever they prefer to hear.
Altering the notification sound might look complicated, but it is a piece of cake! All you need to do is bear with me.
In this essay, follow me to see how to change Instagram notification sound in Android and IOS operations and discover other common challenges!
Method 1: Using the Instagram application
The first and most common way to change Instagram notification sound is to use Instagram itself and make it happen!
To do that, you can follow the below instructions and see how it is done:
- Step 1: Open your Instagram platform on your smartphone, and log into your account.
- Step 2: Get to the profile section by tapping on your profile picture, which is located in the bottom right corner.
- Step 3: Look for the three horizontal lines symbolizing more options on your profile page.
- Step 4: Click on settings which are shown by the gear logo.
- Step 5: Find the notifications part and tap on it.
- Step 6: Choose messages to continue from the items on the screen.
- Step 7: Scroll down and look for “Additional options in systems settings.”
- Step 8: In this menu, all reasons for sending notifications from Instagram are listed; you can change as many as you want! Click on one of them.
- Step 9: Now, click on sound, and then you can replace what you prefer with the previous sound.
Note that many users prefer this method since you can specifically change any group of notifications sent from Instagram which you want!
But if, for whatever reason, you cannot use it, or rather change it from your settings, you can check on the following method introduced.
Method 2: Using the settings of your smartphone
Using the settings of your cell phone to answer how to change the Instagram notification sound is another approach you can go for!
In this part of the essay, regarding the device you are using, you can try one of the below series of steps to get what you want.
- Step 1: Click on the settings on your menu.
- Step 2: From the list, search and tap on “Sound & Vibration.”
- Step 3: Now, choose the “Default Notification Sound” feature.
- Step 4: Select a new Instagram notification sound, so the next time you receive any notification from Instagram, that plays.
- Step 5: Close the app, and try it out!
Alternatively, you can hold your finger on Instagram, then tap on info to quickly jump into step 4!
For those of you who use an IOS device, here is how to change Instagram notification sound using settings!
- Step 1: On the settings, look for and click on “Sounds & Haptics.”
- Step 2: In the below half of the screen, choose the “Text Tone.”
- Step 3: Now, you can choose your favorite Instagram notification sound, preferably something you like.
- Step 4: Once you finish that, save the changes and close the Settings; it is time to try it!
Setting a new Instagram notification sound from the settings section in IOS is not different than Android; however, you have a broader range to choose from in Android.
Can you mute the Instagram notification sound?
There are many reasons a user would like to turn off the notification sound of Instagram; avoiding distraction can be named the most important one.
On the settings, please navigate to the management of notifications, find the Instagram application from the list, tap on it, and turn off the notification!
Note that you can turn off the notification of every other platform on your device using the same instruction.
How to turn on the Instagram notifications sound back?
Apart from changing the Instagram notification sound, sometimes you need to turn on its notification first.
If you do not want to miss any new message or call, you can apply the below changes to turn it back on.
On the settings, please tap on the manager of notifications, find Instagram, and turn it back on to receive notifications again.
How to create another ringtone as Instagram notifications sound?
You might like to put another sound as an Instagram notification alarm than settings options; that is understandable!
So many applications can help you with that; installing them from a reliable source can be a good idea.
Once you find your favorite sound, you can easily apply it as a custom Instagram notification sound in settings.
After that, anytime, any notification you receive from Instagram, you can hear that sound playing and make you feel better than ever!
Knowing how to change Instagram notification sound or any other platform throughout the web can help you so much, especially when you need help unlocking your phone.
What other benefits will you cause once a user personalizes the notification sound on Instagram? Which one is the best?
Do you know any disadvantages that draw someone back from applying this change? Any suggestions to resolve it?
Let your imagination grow, share a comment, and tell us your reasons and concerns about changing Instagram sound.