Did you know that Instagram has this cool feature called suggested reels? It’s a personalized feed of videos tailored to your interests and what you’ve interacted with on the app.
It’s a great way to discover new and interesting content! So, you’ll get to see more videos that you like watching.
Sometimes the Instagram Reels algorithm can be wonky and show you videos you’re not really into or a bit sensitive.
If you’ve encountered a problem like that, there is no need to worry; we are here to answer the “How to change the suggested reels on Instagram?”
In this article, we will show you two super simple methods to change the suggested reels on Instagram.
So, let’s dive right in!
What are suggested Reels on Instagram?
Do you just recently join Instagram? Can we explain what the Instagram suggested reel feature is?
Instagram reels are one of the coolest features Instagram has come up with lately!
So, we’ve got this awesome feature that lets you check out all the posts from your favorite user.
They’ll be highlighted and show up in the recommended tab. How cool is that? The person who uploaded the video might be notified that their video has been added to the list.
Let’s look at the many characteristics of this new feature:
+ 4 Common aspects of Instagram suggested Reels
- First, it is a fantastic tool for recording your everyday activities. If you’ve been posting videos daily and sharing them on social media, you can use this feature!
- By the way, you can also find out what kind of videos your followers are into.
- If you want to get feedback on your videos, you can use this feature! It’s a great way to get input from others.
- The great thing about this feature is that it’s perfect for people who want something different from the usual feed.
You can enhance your interaction rate and earn more followers by using a recommended Instagram Reel, which is a fantastic tool.
A step-by-step guide to changing the suggested Reels on Instagram
Instagram Reel’s suggested videos can be changed or removed using 2 easy techniques.
You can use just one of these methods or, if you prefer, both. We recommend using both methods, to be honest.
Here’s a quick tip on how to change all your suggested videos on Instagram Reels in just a few minutes:
· Invoking the Explore Menu
Click the magnifying glass icon at the Instagram app’s bottom to start customizing your suggested Reels. This will bring you to the Explore page, where you’ll discover a wide variety of content.
· Exploring the Reels area
The dedicated Reels area is indicated by a little square icon with a play button once you get on the Explore page.
Just tap on this icon, and you can enter the Reels section. From there, you can start exploring the exciting world of short videos!
· Responding to Reels on Instagram
Tap the three dots symbol on the right side of the screen if you come across a Reel that doesn’t fit your interests.
Just click on “Not Interested” from the options that pop up. When you take this action, Instagram gets the message that you’re not really into similar content.
This helps them fine-tune their recommendations for you.
· Modifying your news feed in explore
Instagram’s algorithm learns from how you use the app and what you like.
If you want to make your suggested Reels more personal, try engaging with content that speaks to you.
Make sure to like, comment, and save Reels that grab your attention! If you do that, Instagram will pay attention to your interactions and recommend more stuff you might like based on your interests.
· Modifying your preferences
On Instagram, you can manually adjust your preferences for suggested Reels.
- To access your profile, tap the profile icon at the bottom right corner.
- To get started, tap on the menu icon (it looks like three horizontal lines) in the top right corner.
- Then, select “Settings” from the options that appear.
- Just head over to the Settings menu and select “Account.”
- From there, you can click on “Suggested Reels.”
Sure, you can easily change your preferences by selecting or unselecting your preferred topics, accounts, or hashtags.
· Participating in relevant content
Engaging with content that matches your interests is important to improve your suggested Reels.
Make sure to like, comment, and share any Reels that you find super captivating! When you actively engage with content, you give feedback to Instagram’s algorithm. This helps them give you more personalized recommendations.
· Using the appropriate hashtags
You should follow hashtags that match your interests! It’s a great way to stay updated and find cool stuff related to what you love.
If you follow a hashtag on Instagram, they’ll show you more posts related to it in your Explore feed.
This lets you discover more Instagram Reels suggestions from creators with something in common, like a theme or topic.
How to stop suggested Reels on Instagram?
The procedures below can help you recover control of your content if you’d want to prevent or restrict the visibility of suggested Reels in your Instagram feed:
- In the first step, open the Instagram app.
- In the second step, tap on the profile icon at the bottom right corner of the screen, and you can access your profile page. Sure, go ahead and tap on the menu icon. It has three horizontal lines at your screen’s top right corner. This will open the Settings menu.
- In the third step, find the “Account” settings. Just scroll down in the Settings menu until you come across the section labeled “Settings.” Now, tap “Settings” to see more options, and then choose “Account.”
- In this step, you need to find the “Suggested Reels” option, head over to your Account settings and tap it! This will bring you to the settings specifically with how the suggested Reels look on your feed.
- How can you disable or limit the suggested Reels on your account? When you head over to the Suggested Reels settings, you’ll find many options to help you control how often you see suggested Reels.
- Depending on what’s available, you might come across:
- In certain versions of Instagram, you can turn off suggested Reels on Instagram completely if you’d like. If you see an option to do so, go ahead and toggle it to turn off those suggested Reels from showing up on your feed.
- If you’d like, you can find some options to manage your preferences for suggested Reels. You can follow or unfollow certain topics, accounts, or hashtags. Sure, go ahead and adjust these preferences to your liking. Customize them to your heart’s content!
- Finally, save your changes after you’ve adjusted the settings. Just tap on the option “Save,” “Done,” or something similar. This will update your preferences and make sure the changes are applied to your Instagram feed, and you can stop suggested Reels in your Instagram feed.
If you’re curious about how to change the suggested Reels on Instagram, in this article, we completely talk about it.
As you know, Instagram is a world of features that offer many possibilities to its users. So, we will give some important and practical data that benefits you.
Finally, we await your ideas and experiences about the topic to share in the comet section.