As a social media platform, Instagram is designed for sharing visual content such as photos and videos using different features.
Every day, many Reels and videos are uploaded on Instagram with background music or adding trend music which can grab users’ attention.
Many users often come across captivating videos with appealing music. If you’ve ever wondered how to find the music from an Instagram video, you’re in luck!
This article will explore a few methods to help you discover background music in appealing Instagram videos.
Methods to find music from Instagram videos
Here are methods that you can use to find a song from videos:
1. Tap on the name of the music
When you feel tired after work and watch short clips on Instagram continuously, you will likely encounter a clip that uses an attractive song in the background.
And look for a way to download the same song to listen to when you are on your way home or add it to your content on Instagram.
In the Reels feature, an option allows the publisher to add the song’s name. If the person adds the song name, you can tap on the right-hand icon at the bottom of the screen.
Let’s see how you can find your favourite music from Instagram videos:
- Launch the Instagram app on your phone and head to the Reels page.
- Find your favourite Reel and tap on the song on the bottom left side of the screen.
- After tapping the name of a song, a new screen will be opened, showing you the song’s name.
- After recognizing the song name, you can use it in your story or save it to use later.
- In this section, you can also see reels that used the same songs.
2. Using built-up Shazam on iPhone
If you are an iPhone user looking for a song you heard in Instagram videos without a song label, you can use the Music Recognition option.
Here is the way to help you learn how to shazam a song on Instagram iPhone:
- Open the settings app on your device and head to the ‘Control Center’ section.
- Scroll down the tab and locate the ‘More Controls’.
- Then come to the ‘Music Recognition’ option.
- Tap the plus icon beside the More Recognition icon to add a toggle to the control center.
- Once the toggle is added, reopen your Instagram app and play your wished Reel.
- Then drag down the Control Center and enable the Shazam toggle.
- After activating Shazam, it can detect your song.
3. Using the Shazam app on an Android phone
Although iPhone has built-up Shazam for users to detect songs in Instagram videos, there is not such a built-up option in the Android phone, and users need to install Shazam from the play store.
To use Shazam on Android, follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Play Store and search for the Shazam app.
- When you find the app, tap the install button next to the app icon.
- After installing the app, open the app and tap on the ‘Try it now’ option at the bottom of the screen.
- You will head to the settings section, scroll down the screen and enable the ‘Allow display over other apps’ button.
- Now open the Shazam app and again tap on Try Now.
- By choosing this option, your app will run in the background screen.
- Open the Instagram app on your Android device and find the video you want to identify the music from. Play the video, ensuring that the audio is audible.
- Swipe down from the top of your Android device’s screen to access the notification panel. You should see a notification from Shazam indicating that it has detected a song.
- Tap on the notification to open the Shazam app.
- Once you’re back in the Shazam app, you’ll see the song detected from the Instagram video. You can view details about the song, such as the title, artist, and album.
Why Shazam cannot recognize my song?
Sometimes the quality of the song needs to be higher to be recognized by the Shazam. In this case, you must try other ways, like downloading third-party apps such as Midomi or Siri for iPhone users or Alice for Android users.
Another method you can rely on for finding music from Instagram includes Telegram, YouTube, and Yandex, which have well-developed search engines.
Using a web browser to find music from Instagram videos
If your phone has no space for installing third-party apps, you can utilize a web browser for downloading music from Instagram videos.
Here are how you can do it:
- Play the Reel and memorize the part of the lyric and song
- Open a browser on your device.
- Enter the lyrics or any other details you remember about the song in the search bar.
- Then tap on the search icon.
- Results will pop up.
- Click on the relevant search result that matches the song you heard.
- Please explore the website or platform that hosts the song to listen to it in full or find more information about it.
Remember that all songs used in Instagram videos are not well-known, and it might be hard to find them.
Read more: How to Put Music on Instagram Story?
One of the ways to make appealing Reels on Instagram and improve its visibility is by adding trendy music.
Most bloggers or Instagram users on this base use this way to increase their followers’ engagement.
You can use the same music played in other’s reels in yours to catch attention, but finding the same song from Instagram videos can be challenging.
In this article, we introduce you to how to find music played in Instagram videos and use it in yours. Hope you find this article helpful and take advantage of Shazam for finding music from Instagram videos.
Which song have you looking for? Which of these methods helped you more?
Tell us in the comment section about your experience.