We are now in the 21st century, which means it would no longer be impossible to be in your house, drink your hot coffee, and still be aware of the weirdest news in the world.
Thanks to social media, specifically Instagram, billions of people are connected and can see each other anytime using Instagram Live.
But if you care about your privacy and wondering how to go live with close friends on Instagram, all you need to do is lay back in your seat and follow us!
In this essay, we are aiming at the trick of making that possible!
Going on Instagram Live only with Close Friends!
Imagine you are on a desert tour and, late at night, want to share the beautiful star-packed sky with some of your friends or maybe your partner.
In this case, seeing your supervisor, professors, or former neighbor account in the list of viewers can make the situation so awkward. Some of them even have yet to learn where you are now!
Providing and sharing a story of last night’s birthday party with your close friends is a great idea, but what if you’d like to share the moments with them live?
There are always weird accounts in the list of followers you may feel uncomfortable sharing the private moments of your life with through Instagram Live, which is entirely understandable.
For some reasons, such as getting your privacy, the risk of abuse, the ability to concentrate and enjoy your Instagram live, or even planning to surprise someone, you need to know how to make a filter on viewers of your Instagram lives.
Method 1: Limit it to Your Following(has expired)
Considering you are OK with the people you have followed, here is how you can do that:
- Step 1: Open Instagram and log in to your profile.
- Step 2: Find and click on the “Edit your profile” button under your biography.
- Step 3: Scroll down the page and tap “Privacy and Security.”
- Step 4: Below the “Live” section, click on” Who Can Comment?”.
- Step 5: Select “Only People I Follow.”
- Step 6: Tap “Done” and exit your profile page.
Now you know that only people you are following can see your lives on Instagram, so get out there and start a life about your pet, of a funny joke!
This method of going live on close friends’ Instagram may have yet to satisfy the need of some of you since the following doesn’t always mean close friends.
There are always some people in the following list whom you need to care more to like their newly published posts, yet unfollowing them would bother you.
That may lead us to the second method.
SEE ALSO: How to make a private story on Instagram
Method 2: Not Each of Your Followings!
What you read in the title may make sense, but it is possible! If you are still dealing with how to go live on Instagram, close friends 2023? Bear with us!
To do so, follow the instructions carefully:
- Step 1: Open Instagram and log in to your account.
- Step 2: Tap on your profile picture in the bottom right corner to go to your profile.
- Step 3: On the top right, find “Settings.”
- Step 4: Find and click on “Settings and Privacy.”
- Step 5: Below “Who Can See Your Contents,” tap “Hide Security and Live.”
- Step 6: Here, you can manage the range of people who can view your stories and live streams; alternatively, you can even choose a set of your close friends to access your lives on Instagram.
Congrats! You can use the Instagram option to pick the ones you’d like to see your stories and lives.
Do not forget to check on the people you’d like to share your lives with right before each time you are going to make one, to make sure no one loses your exciting life!
How to Edit the List of Close Friends?
It is time to see do you even know how to work with your close friend list in the first place.
To do so, act as following steps:
- Step 1: Open your Instagram application and log in to your account.
- Step 2: On your page, tap on the top right and then “Close Friends.”
- Step 3: You can add your close friends by searching their usernames.
- Step 4: If you need to remove any user from the list, tap “Remove.”
- Step 5: Click on “Done.”
Now that you have answered “How to go live on close friends’ Instagram,” let’s go on with a few other valuable tips about close friends and privacy on Instagram.
What are the tips & tricks you should know about close friends and privacy on Instagram?
1. Close Friends
- Tip 1: You can always check if you are included in other users’ close friend lists by checking their stories; they got a green circle around their profile, unlike others with red.
- Tip 2: It may not be cool to be someone’s close friend, but do not include them in your close friend list; however, try to choose only the ones you are next to.
- Tip 3: A close friend list can only be adjusted on mobile devices. So if you use your PC to check your Instagram account daily, you better know that.
2. Privacy on Instagram
- Tip 1: Always make sure your posts and stories are OK to be shared; even though those can be removed anytime you want, people can take screenshots.
- Tip 2: having many followers might seem exciting, but try not to accept the following request of people you don’t know.
- Tip 3: Keep your Instagram account private so others cannot check your posts, stories, and the people you’re interacting with as followings and followers.
- Tip 4: Remember that as much as Instagram is a fun and valuable platform, it’s also the first foundation for strange people to get to know you.
SEE ALSO: How to Make Instagram Public
Having a great experience with modern technologies and social media relies on knowing how to use it correctly, like knowing how to go live on close friends’ Instagram.
We chose not to use it since it is filled with show-offs and cliché-looking posts everywhere, which end up comparing and getting users frustrated with the level of their lives, so pay attention to that.
A good experience using Instagram would only reach you quickly with time management; sometimes, it is real life calling you out!
What is your idea about going live on close friends’ Instagram?
Did you ever use this method in your Instagram account?