If you’re an active social media user, you can link Instagram and TikTok to save time and energy.
Both platforms offer a unique way to share your content with your followers and have become increasingly popular in recent years.
Linking Instagram to TikTok can be a great way to increase your following and engagement on both platforms.
In this article, we’ll link your Instagram account to TikTok.
+ 3 Steps to connect the Instagram account to TikTok
Before attaching your Instagram account to TikTok, you must install both apps on your phone and create an account on both platforms.
Here are the following steps you need to take:
Step 1: Open TikTok and go to your Profile
Once you’ve installed TikTok, open the app and log in with your account. After logging in, go to your Profile by tapping the “Me” icon at the bottom right of the screen.
Step 2: Tap Edit Profile
Once on your Profile, tap the “Edit Profile” button at the screen’s top-right corner.
Step 3: Add Instagram to your TikTok Profile
Now, scroll down to the “Social” section and tap “Instagram”. You’ll be prompted to enter your Instagram username and password. Once you enter the correct credentials, TikTok will link to your Instagram account.
When you finish linking Instagram to TikTok, you will not need to switch from one platform to another; you can easily share your videos directly on Instagram.
When creating a TikTok video, select the “Instagram” option and choose whether to share the video on your Instagram story or feed.
+ 6 Steps to unlink Instagram from TikTok
If you linked your Instagram account to TikTok and are not happy with it, you can unlink it through the following steps:
- Open the TikTok app and go to your Profile by tapping on the “Me” icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the three dots icon at the top right corner of the screen to open the settings.
- Scroll down and tap on “Manage Accounts.”
- Tap on the Instagram account that you want to unlink.
- Tap on “Unlink Account” at the bottom of the screen.
- Confirm that you want to unlink your Instagram account from TikTok.
After completing these steps, your Instagram account will no longer be linked to your TikTok account, and your TikTok activity will no longer be shared on Instagram.
How to publish videos from TikTok to Instagram?
After linking Instagram to TikTok, you can quickly post content on both platforms. You can do this in two ways, depending on your desire.
1. Share TikTok videos on Instagram before posting it
To do this, you need first to make your TikTok public.
Let’s see the steps you need to follow below:
· Click on the plus icon on the TikTok home screen.
· Choose a video from your gallery or record a new one.
· After editing your video, click the “Next” button.
· In the “Who can view this video” section, switch the “Everyone” or “Friends” option to the public.
· Tap the Instagram icon at the bottom of the screen to share directly on Instagram.
· Tap on Post.
· Once the video has been uploaded to TikTok, the app will direct you to Instagram so you can repost it there.
· After selecting Instagram, you are given 2 options: “Feed” and “Stories”.
· Select the feature you want to use to post your video.
2. Post a TikTok video on Instagram after publishing it
You do not need to make changes in TikTok settings to make your account public via this method.
Whether your account is private or public, you can use this method to share your TikTok video on Instagram.
The TikTok video must be saved to your gallery and uploaded to Instagram.
To get started, follow these steps:
1. Head to your TikTok Profile.
2. Find the TikTok video you want to post on Instagram.
3. On the right side of the screen, tap on the three dots and select “Save Video”.
4. Downloading your TikTok video will appear in your phone’s gallery.
5. Open the Instagram app and share the video on your feed as a reel or story
6. After editing, text, captions, and hashtags can be added to your video.
7. Tap the “Share” button.
+ 6 Steps to link TikTok to YouTube
If you have an account on both YouTube and TikTok and creating content, you can link these two platforms.
To link TikTok to YouTube, you can follow these steps:
· Open the TikTok app on your mobile device.
· Tap on your profile icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
· Tap on the three dots icon in the top right corner of the screen to open the Settings menu.
· Select “Manage Account” and tap “YouTube” in the social section.
· Follow the prompts to sign in to your YouTube account and authorize TikTok to access your channel.
· Once you’ve connected your YouTube account, you can choose to automatically share your TikTok videos to your YouTube channel by toggling on the “Auto-share to YouTube” option.
Note that not all TikTok videos are suitable for YouTube, and you should carefully review and edit your videos before sharing them on another platform. Also, follow YouTube’s community guidelines and terms of service.
SEE ALSO: How to unsync Facebook and Instagram
TikTok and Instagram are popular apps in the social media world; most people use both depending on their desire. One of the best options that have become available on TikTok is linking Instagram to TikTok.
In this article, we provide steps to link Instagram to TikTok. It allows you to target a larger audience and reach potential customers who may not use both platforms simultaneously. It also helps build your brand presence and create a more extensive following network.
Have you linked your Instagram account to the TikTok app?
Does it help you promote your account on both platforms?
Please share with us your personal experiences.