Instagram is a platform for communicating and sharing ideas through direct comments.
When users post something on Instagram, their followers leave comments to tell their ideas about their posts.
Someone strange may reply to your comment on a public post, and you get a notification.
But the notification has limited time, and once you open it, it will disappear, and you cannot reopen it again.
Is it disappointing? Yes? Because you may want to read it precisely to reply to it, or it is from someone special that you wish to see again or show to your friends.
So, how to search for comments on Instagram? We are here to introduce you to some valid ways to find someone’s comment on Instagram.
Why do you need to find comments on Instagram?
If you have a business account with many followers and receive many comments, you must respond to them to improve your page engagement and visibility.
Normally, you need to respond to someone’s comment and reply to it.
This way, you can search for a special comment and respond to it the first time to avoid losing potential followers.
Also, pinning a comment on Instagram is a simple but effective way to highlight a specific comment you want to showcase. So, to get the data about pinning the comment, read the “How to pin a comment on Instagram?” article.
Another reason you need to use this option is to locate the comments you have made in the past. Or when you look for a comment from the special person that you respond to your comment as well.
Or you can see your followers’ responses to your brand or product to gather information and incorporate these comments in the next products.
(3) ways to find someone’s comment on Instagram
As you may go through the searching IG comment and waste lots of time. Since it is like finding a needle in a haystack, especially for posts with high engagement with over 1000 comments.
That is why you need some tricky ways to save time and find the comment to reply or respond to the first time.
Here are methods that you can use when you log in to Instagram on both Phone and pc:
1. Find Instagram comments on the Phone
To find IG comments on the Phone, you can use a Chrome browser by following these steps:
· Using Browser
1. Open the Google Chrome on your device.
2. Navigate the Instagram website.
3. Locate the post that you wish to see someone’s comment on it.
4. Tap on the three dots on the upper right hand.
5. Tap on the Find in page.
6. Insert the username(text) of that person whose comment you like to see.
· Using Instagram app
Finding comments on the Instagram app may sound difficult. However, Instagram does not leave users disappointed and provides users with a method to find comments on posts.
To do this, here are the steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Head to your profile and open the menu by tapping the hamburger icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Now tap ‘Settings’, then choose the ‘Security’ button.
- Followed by this, tap on the ‘Download Data’ button.
- In the pop-up screen, type your Email ID and your IG password.
- Tap on the ‘Request download’ button.
- Within 48 hours, Instagram will send your data.
- Check your Email and find the Email from Instagram.
- Open the Email and tap the ‘Download Information’ to download IG data.
- To download data, you must insert your username and password to verify it is you.
- After including this information, tap on the ‘Download Information’ button
- Locate the file in your download folder and extract your zipped file.
- Then head to the comment part.
- Tap on the post_comments.html folder.
- It will open in a browser, and you can see comments.
2. Find someone’s Instagram comments on PC
If you are using pc and looking for a way to find comments on Instagram, you need to follow the steps below:
1. Open a browser on your pc or laptop.
2. Then navigate to the Instagram website and log in to your account.
3. Find the post that you want to see comments for it.
4. Click on the plus icon under the post to see all comments.
5. Then press Ctrl/Cmd+F button to bring the find feature on the browser to search for the username.
6. Type the username(text) and then press the Enter button.
3. Finding comments made by yourself on the Instagram
If you want to figure out what did you comment on others’ posts, revise them or view them, you can use the Instagram feature this way:
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Head to your profile by tapping the profile icon on the home page.
- Tap on the hamburger icon at the top right-hand corner.
- Followed by this, choose the ‘Your Activity’ button.
- In this section, tap the Comments to see your comments on others’ posts.
How to delete comments on Instagram?
After finding IG comments you have made on other’s posts, you may want to delete them for different reasons.
If you want to delete your comments, you can take these steps:
- Open the Instagram app and then find the post by searching for the username who’s the post is or going to the Your Activity section, like the previous section where you commented on it.
- Tap and hold on to your comment; you will see a delete option beneath the post.
- Tap on the Delete button.
You can also delete others’ comments on your post by going to your profile and locating the post. Then tap on the comments and scroll down until you find the comments from someone you received.
And tap on the comment and delete it.
As a powerful social media platform, Instagram is based on communicating and interacting by pressing the like button or commenting on others’ posts.
Both have a main role in the growth and visibility of Instagram pages, particularly for public accounts.
To keep communicating with others, you need to find their comments, or when you want to revise your comment, you need to search for Instagram comments.
This article lets you know how to do this whether you use a phone or pc.
Please read this article and make your communication on Instagram stronger than before.
If you have further questions about “How to pin a comment on Instagram?” in this field, please don’t hesitate to ask us in the comment section.