If you enjoy using social media to keep in touch with others, you’re on both Facebook and Instagram.
Have you ever wondered how to share your Facebook posts to Instagram and why it might be beneficial?
If you don’t know, don’t worry.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the benefits of cross-posting, how to set it up automatically, and how to do it manually.
We’ll also provide examples of how you can reuse different types of content across both platforms.
Why Share Facebook Posts to Instagram?
Sharing your Facebook post to Instagram is a smart way to increase your reach and engagement on both platforms.
By doing so, you can:
1. Save time & effort by creating one piece of content for two platforms.
Instead of creating separate posts for Facebook and Instagram, you can share the same content with a few taps or clicks.
This can save you time and energy, especially if you post frequently or have multiple accounts to manage.
2. Reach more people who may not follow you on both platforms.
By sharing your Facebook post to Instagram, you can expose your content to a wider audience who may need to know your presence on the other platform.
For example, if you have more followers on Facebook than on Instagram, sharing your post can help you attract more Instagram followers who are interested in your content.
Conversely, sharing your post can help drive more traffic to your page or website if you have more followers on Instagram than on Facebook.
3. Start conversations & interactions with your audience across platforms.
By sharing your Facebook post with Instagram, you can also encourage more engagement and feedback from your followers on both platforms.
For example, you can ask questions or start a poll on Facebook and invite your followers to answer or vote on Instagram.
Or you can share a testimonial or a review on Facebook and then ask your followers to share their opinions or experiences on Instagram.
How do I automatically post from Facebook to Instagram?
If you want to automatically share all or most of your Facebook posts to Instagram, you can set up your accounts for cross-posting in a few simple steps.
1. Open your Facebook app and tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines) at the top right corner.
2. Tap on Settings & Privacy > Settings.
3. Tap on Accounts Center.
4. Tap on Add Accounts and select your Instagram account. Log in with your username and password if prompted.
5. Select Connected experiences.
6. Tap on Sharing Across Profiles.
7. Select your Facebook account.
8. Turn on the toggle switches for Facebook Stories and Posts, depending on what you want to share automatically.
That’s it! Whenever you create a story or a post on Facebook, it will also be shared on your Instagram account.
Here are some examples of how different types of content can be shared automatically from Facebook to Instagram:
- If you share a photo or video post on Facebook with a caption and hashtags, it will appear as a photo or video post on Instagram with the same caption and hashtags.
- If you share a story on Facebook with text, music, or stickers, it will appear on Instagram with the same text, music, or stickers.
- If you share a reel on Facebook with effects, captions, or hashtags, it will appear as a reel on Instagram with the same effects, captions, or hashtags.
Also, see “How To UnLink Facebook And Instagram?” and “How to See How Many Followers You Have on Facebook?” on our website.
How to Share Individual Facebook Posts to Instagram Manually?
If you prefer more control over what you share from Facebook to Instagram, you can share individual posts manually as you create them.
- Open your Facebook app and tap on What’s on your mind? At the top of your feed.
- Compose your post as usual and add any photos, videos, stickers, or desired effects.
- Before publishing your post, tap on the Instagram icon below your name.
- If it says Off, it means this post cannot be shared on Instagram (for example, if it has more than 10 photos or videos).
- If it says On, this post can be shared on Instagram.
- Tap on Publish to share your post on both Facebook and Instagram.
Here are some examples of how different types of content can be shared manually from Facebook to Instagram:
- Suppose you want to share a photo or video post on Facebook with a caption and hashtags without music or effects. In that case, you can turn off the automatic sharing option for posts and tap the Instagram icon before publishing your post. This way, you can share the same photo or video post on Instagram with the same caption and hashtags but without music or effects.
- Suppose you want to share a story on Facebook with text, music, or stickers but with different filters or timers. In that case, you can turn off the automatic sharing option for stories and tap the Instagram icon before publishing your Story. This way, you can edit your Story with different filters or timers before sharing it on Instagram.
- Suppose you want to share a reel on Facebook with effects, captions, or hashtags but with different music or speed controls. In that case, you can turn off the automatic sharing option for reels and tap on the Instagram icon before publishing your reel.
This way, you can change the music or speed controls before sharing it on Instagram.
How to share a Facebook post with the Instagram story?
To learn How to share a Facebook post to an Instagram story:
- First, find the post you want to share on Facebook and click the share button.
- From the options, select “Share to Your Story on Instagram.”
- You can then customize the appearance of the post in your Instagram Story by adding stickers, emojis or text.
- Once you’re satisfied with the design, please share it with your Story for your followers to see.
Remember that this feature is only available if you have linked your Facebook account to your Instagram account.
Growing your social media presence and connecting with more people is always good.
By knowing How to share Facebook posts to Instagram, you can easily achieve this with the steps above.
Cross-posting is a great way to reach a wider audience, whether automatically or manually shared.
As a social media user, do you have experience sharing Facebook posts on Instagram? Let us know your ideas in this case, and share them in the comment box.