YouTube is great!
It’s a free website where you can easily watch videos online. You can create and upload your videos to share with others.
Did you know that YouTube was first created back in 2005? It’s unbelievable how popular it has become since then.
People now spend about 6 billion hours monthly watching videos on the site. It’s one of the most popular websites out there!
This free and popular app has many features that users are familiar with, some of which may need to be introduced.
As technology has progressed, however, “Closed Captioning or Subtitles” has become the standard translation method. This is an easy way for non-native speakers to follow along with a foreign language program, and it is standard on all major video-streaming websites.
YouTube TV is one example of a Closed Captioning (CC) service.
In addition, the fact that this service shows the material might be unpleasant to some.
This post will thus provide a brief tutorial on how to turn off Closed Captioning (cc) on YouTube TV. Just follow us and read the article seriously.
Closed Captions on YouTube: What Are They?
There is little distinction between closed captions and subtitles. Subtitles are provided for those who can listen to the audio but would benefit from having a textual translation.
On the other hand, closed captions presume that the viewer cannot access the audio track and rely instead on the transcript to make sense of the presentation.
Closed captions are an option for users who post videos to YouTube. The maker can choose between using the auto-generated closed captions on YouTube or writing their own.
The second cannot be as reliable as the first. YouTube employs an automated speech-recognition technology, which is less precise than real beings.
Closed captioning for YouTube videos used to be uploaded by users rather than the video’s original producer. The situation has changed, though.
Does YouTube TV allow you to turn off closed captioning (cc)?
Yes, you can turn off closed captioning on YouTube TV.
Closed captioning or subtitles can be useful and helpful, but we know some people find them annoying.
Did you know that YouTube TV has a built-in option to turn off closed captioning?
If you’re looking for the methods to do this, you are in the right. Keep on reading for a super easy way to do it.
A step-by-step guide to turning off closed captioning (cc)
We are in the section that helps you to turn off closed captioning or subtitles on the YouTube TV app a breeze.
YouTube is an awesome online platform where you can stream all sorts of content. Consider it the ultimate replacement for your regular cable TV.
Indeed, it is an app available on popular streaming platforms such as Android, iOS, Roku, Apple TV, Firestick/Fire TV, Samsung Smart TV, and LG Smart TV.
We want to give you a detailed guide on those streaming devices mentioned above. So, get ready to say goodbye to those closed captioning or subtitles on YouTube!
1. Turning off closed captioning of YouTube TV on APPLE TV
That’s great news! You’ll be happy to know that you can also find the YouTube TV app on Apple TV. We have a simple guide if you’re using Apple TV and want to turn off closed captioning on YouTube TV.
Are you ready to dive into these steps? Do not hesitate:
· Step 1: In the first step, it is necessary to turn on your Apple TV and make sure it is connected to the internet.
· Step 2: In the second step, go to the Apps section on your Apple TV.
· Step 3: Now it is your turn to open the YouTube TV app.
· Step 4: You can access all the channels in the app and choose to play the content from any of them.
· Step 5: Select the “No Closed Captioning (No CC)” option underneath the playing video.
· Step 6: For that video, Closed Captioning and Subtitles will no longer be available.
2. Turning off closed captioning of YouTube TV on LG SMART TV
Absolutely! If you’re an LG Smart TV user, you can easily use this guide to turn off closed captioning on the YouTube app.
The important tip you should pay attention to is that a good and stable internet connection is needed to complete the process smoothly.
After that, make sure let’s go to the steps:
· Step 1: Firstly, launch an app on your LG Smart TV after turning it on.
· Step 2: Secondly, choose YouTube TV from your device’s app menu and launch it.
· Step 3: Now choose your desired channel.
· Step 4: Now to watch the video without closed captions, choose the option that reads “No CC” (No Closed Captioning).
· Step 5: Finally, at long last, the closed captions on YouTube TV on your LG Smart TV have been turned off.
3. Turning off closed captioning of YouTube TV on SAMSUNG SMART TV
In the third method, we will help you to use the following instructions to turn off closed captioning in the YouTube TV app on a Samsung Smart TV.
Make sure your Samsung TV is connected to the internet, and then follow these steps:
· Step 1: First, start with your Samsung Smart TV and the YouTube TV app.
· Step 2: Secondly, select a program from your preferred service and press play.
· Step 3: Choose the “CC” button under the video in the third step.
· Step 4: Finally, Closed Captioning can be turned off on Samsung TVs running YouTube TV by selecting the “No CC” option.
How to Turn off Closed Captions for One YouTube Video?
Turning on closed captions for a single video couldn’t be simpler, whether you’re watching on a laptop or a mobile device.
To get started:
1. Just launch your preferred YouTube video. You can watch this video on YouTube.com or the YouTube app on your mobile device.
2. Desktop users can access closed captions by clicking the “CC” button at the video’s bottom when playback begins. To activate captions, use this button.
3. Closed captioning can be activated on mobile devices by tapping the “CC” button at the top of the video.
4. Tap the “CC” button again to turn off the captions. And that’s it!
How to turn off Closed Captions for all YouTube videos?
If you want closed captions to show up whenever you automatically watch a video on YouTube, turn on YouTube’s platform-wide caption option.
That way, you won’t have to activate them manually every time. So, currently, you can enable this feature on desktop, Android, iPhone, and iPad.
In the end,
So long, and thanks for reading our lengthy rant about YouTube TV’s closed captioning and how to turn it off.
The YouTube TV app lets you turn off the CC/subtitles feature. Yes, the app is available to stream on multiple platforms.
The article above talks about all the different and easy ways to turn off subtitles on YouTube.
If you want things to go well, ensure your streaming gadget is linked to the internet. We hope all data and tips we offered are helpful to you.
Now let’s see your ideas about “how to turn off Closed Captioning (cc) on YouTube TV?”
And if you have experiences in this case, share them with us in the comment section.