As a visual platform, Instagram allows users to share photos and videos with their followers. Users often tag them in the post when sharing content that includes friends.
However, if the username is incorrectly typed, there is a higher chance of mistakenly tagging someone else. So, in such cases, you have no choice but to untag that wrong account from your post. But how?
If you need to learn how to untag someone on Instagram, you can join us in this article to learn step-by-step untagging someone from Instagram posts.
How to untag someone from your post?
You can untag them easily if you tag someone wrongly or regret tagging your friends in your post.
Consider this when you tag someone in your story, there is no option to untag that person, and you can only remove your story and post again.
But in posts, you can untag someone by using this method:
- 1. Open the Instagram and head to your profile.
- 2. Then open the post that you want to untag someone.
- 3. After opening the post, tap on the three dots at the top right corner.
- 4. In the pop-up menu, choose the Edit icon.
- 5. Tap on the Tag icon to see people tagged in the post.
- 6. Tap on the tag of the person you want to untag.
- 7. Then choose the X button to remove the person from your post.
- 8. After removing, tap the checkmark icon to approve your action.
You may end up with this question ‘How to remove tags on Instagram?’ If there is more than one person that you want to untag, you can do the same for all of them.
How to untag yourself from someone else’s post?
Someone strange on Instagram may tag you on their post, or when your friends tag you on a post that you don’t like, you can untag yourself from someone else’s post through these steps:
- 1. Open the Instagram app on your device.
- 2. Then locate the post that you are tagged.
- 3. Please tap on the post, whether it is a photo or video.
- 4. Tap on your username on the post.
- 5. Then click on ‘Remove Me From Post’.
Before ending this issue, it is better to control who can tag you on their post on Instagram.
If you want to know how to remove yourself from your Instagram pc, this option has yet to be available on the pc version, and you must apply it via the Instagram app.
Who can tag you in posts on Instagram?
To manage who can tag you on Instagram posts, you can apply this method:
- 1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- 2. Head to your profile and tap the three-line icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- 3. Click Settings & Privacy, then tap ‘How others can interact with you’.
- 4. Tap on Tags and mentions; under the ‘Who can tag you’ section, tap on a circle to choose who can tag you, including: ‘Allow tags from everyone’ or ‘Allow tags from people you follow’ or ‘Don’t allow tags’ option.
This method comes in handy when you don’t have access to your Instagram account and you don’t want to be tagged in an unwanted post by unknown people or even your followers, depending on the option you choose in settings.
When someone tags you on a post, the post automatically will appear in your profile, and you can manage it manually to see these tagged posts on your profile or not.
Come to the next section if you want to know how to manage it.
Also see “How To See Who Saved Your Instagram Post” and “How To Repost Instagram Story You’re Not Tagged in” on our website.
How to manually approve posts that you are tagged?
By default, when someone tags you on a post, the photo or video will be displayed in your profile.
If you want to choose which photo or video appears in your profile manually, you can follow the steps below:
- 1. Launch the Instagram app on your device.
- 2. Go to your profile and tap the hamburger icon in the right-hand corner.
- 3. Tap on ‘Settings and privacy’, in the ‘How others can interact with you’, and click on ‘Tags and mentions.
- 4. Then click on ‘Manually approve tags.
- 5. Toggle the button beside the ‘Manually Approve Tags’ to make it on.
After enabling the ‘Manually Approve Tags’ icon, when someone tags you on a post, you will be notified to choose to add a post to your profile.
When you open the post, you can tap on your username, then choose ‘Show in Profile’.
How to hide a post that you are tagged in?
You might hide it from your profile after being tagged in a post, including a reel, photo, or video.
To hide a post that you are tagged, follow the steps below:
- 1. Open the Instagram app on your phone since this option is unavailable on the computer.
- 2. Locate the post by heading to the notification section.
- 3. After opening the post, tap the three-dots icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- 4. Then tap on ‘Tag Options’.
- 5. Select the ‘Hide From My Profile’.
If you want to see the post in your profile after hiding, you can follow the same steps, and in step 5, choose ‘Show In My Profile’.
Who can see the posts that you are tagged in?
When someone tags you on their Instagram posts, depending on their public or private profile, your followers and others can see the post.
In addition to their audience, you may want to know who can see the post in your profile.
- Whether your profile is public or private, it can be different who can view the post you are tagged in.
- If your profile is public, everyone can see the photos and videos you are tagged in.
- If your profile is private, only followers can see your photos and videos that you are tagged in.
Instagram provides users with different features to improve their platform experience. One of these features is tagging someone in photos, videos, stories, and reels on Instagram.
So, in this case, users only need to upload the same post; it will automatically appear in their profile if they restrict its visibility.
Sometimes we feel unhappy with the post we are tagged in, or by mistake, we tag someone else in our post. Under such circumstances, you can utilize untag option on Instagram.
In this article, we tell you how to untag someone on Instagram and hope you use it when you get in trouble.
Do you allow posts that you are tagged in appear in your profile? If not, why?
Please tell us in the comment section about your experience.