Instagram is a successful social media platform introducing various new-coming features to hold its high-potential users.
One of these features is changing the color of the chat, which can add variety to Instagram while you want to chat.
This feature allows you to change the gradient, color and create chat bubbles.
If you want to take advantage of this update, make Instagram chat purple, but you need to know how to stay with us in this article to learn.
How to change the color of Instagram chat?
Since Instagram promotes and launches new features to improve the user’s experience, it recognizes the platform’s appearance.
It makes its effort to make the platform appearance attractive since everyone looks for beauty everywhere.
Talking about the appearance, it penetrates Instagram chat, even allowing users to have the opportunity to apply their desire to the chat screen.
Using this feature, you will not need a third-party app to make the chat environment appealing.
Let’s see how to use this feature to make your chat screen more interesting.
Make Instagram Chat Purple using a third-party app
Try enabling two-step verification for your account for high security when using a third-party app. If the version of Instagram does not have this feature, you can use a third-party program such as Insta-Pro:
- Install the Insta-Pro program and Open the app.
- Click on the three lines icon in the left corner.
- Tap on “InstaPro Settings” option.
- Select the “Chat Screen” option.
- Change the chat background color.
- You can see the changes.
How to make Instagram chat purple?
To change the Instagram chat purple, follow these steps here:
- Go to the DM section and open a chat conversation.
- Then tap on the Idi of the person top of the chat screen.
- In the open-up menu, scroll down and tap on the Color and Gradients.
- Pick a color that you prefer.
If you don’t see this section in your chat settings, check the Instagram update on the play store or app store, depending on your phone.
But after updating, your chat settings still lack these items; you have no choice but to new updates.
How to change Instagram chat Theme?
In addition to changing the color of Instagram chat, you can also change the Theme for the chat screen. Several themes in the settings allow you to find your desired one.
If you want to benefit from this option, you can follow these instructions:
- Head to the chat inbox in the Instagram app.
- Open one of the conversations that you want to change the Theme.
- Tap on the profile name located at the top of the screen.
- You can see the Theme option on the top when the chat settings menu opens.
- Tap on the Theme and choose one of the Themes you want.
What happens after changing the color and Theme of Instagram chat?
When you want to change the Instagram chat screen, you can use themes, colors, and gradient options for Instagram.
When you change the colors and gradients for the chat screen, the color of the text bubbles will only change.
But the whole screen will change when you change the Theme for the Instagram screen.
Despite only being visible from their end, the new color will also be the sender’s default for all messages. The receiver’s background color and text bubble won’t change.
Each time you change the chat theme for Instagram chat, Instagram will notify each part by sending a message to both parties.
This modification will be noted as “X changed the theme to Y” in a new message in a chat, along with a theme-change option.
What if you cannot change the Instagram chat Theme?
Once you try this method and cannot change the chat Theme for Instagram chat, you can try these methods to fix it.
In this case, The first approach you can take is to update Instagram.
Even after updating Instagram, you must close and relaunch the app if your chat settings remain the same.
You can handle it without uninstalling and installing the app. Instead of this, let’s try these methods:
1. Clear Instagram’s Cache
As you may know, accumulated files on an app can prevent the app from proper function.
When you have an issue with updating Instagram and seeing these updates on your chat settings, don’t hesitate to clear your Instagram cache.
Here are steps that you can do:
- Head to Settings on your device and tap on the Apps.
- Scroll down and find the Instagram app from the list.
- When it opens, tap on Storage and Cache.
- Then click on the Clear cache icon.
- Remember this method is only available for Android users.
2. Log out of the Instagram account.
Logging out of Instagram is another method to help you fix the Instagram chat setting.
Follow these steps:
- Launch the Instagram app and tap the profile icon in the bottom-left corner.
- Then hit the three-line menu icon in the top-right corner and choose Settings.
- Scroll down in the settings section page and locate the Log Out icon.
- Then select Log out.
- Close the app and then open it again.
- Log in to your account and head to your inbox.
- Check the chat themes.
3. Restart your device
One common and easy way to fix smartphone issues is restarting the device. When you restart your smartphone, most of the issues related to the device can be resolved and allow users to use apps smoothly.
Once you try all of these methods and new updates of Instagram for chat screen are unavailable, the problem does not relate to your device or app.
This new feature is only available for some on Instagram; you must wait until this feature becomes available for you on Instagram.
How to remove the purple color for an Instagram chat?
If you want to revert the chat screen to the normal version, you can head to the conversation section, tap on the profile name, and then choose the default option in the theme section.
The same goes for Colors and Gradients.
The Instagram app can deliver appealing experiences while it tries to launch new features. One of the appealing features is changing the chat screen to purple or other.
You can change the colors or Theme for the chat screen depending on your preference.
In this article, we let you know how to change the chat screen on Instagram to purple.
Please read this article helpful in this case and enjoy some changes in the appearance of Instagram chat.
Could you use this feature? If yes, how do you find this feature? Please tell us in the comment section.