Millions of individuals are on Instagram, making it one of the world’s most-used social networking sites.
However, the app suffers from the same flaws as the others. “Instagram not sending SMS code” is a common problem customers face.
This can be unpleasant, especially if you’re trying to sign into Instagram or sign up for a new account.
This article will help you get back on track when Instagram doesn’t offer an SMS address that looks for possible causes and offers remedies.
So, if you are ready, let’s start our journey together.
How can you activate Instagram’s SMS code feature?
The SMS code feature on Instagram is super important for saving your account and making sure it’s genuinely yours.
To activate, just follow these steps:
- 1. Launch the Instagram app on your phone or other mobile device.
- 2. To go to your profile, tap on your picture or icon in the screen’s lower right corner.
- 3. You can access the menu of your profile by clicking on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner. Here you will want to scroll down and click “Settings”.
- 4. Go to Options > Security. Select “Security” from the settings menu.
- 5. You can get Two-Factor Authentication by going to the “Security” tab and clicking on the text labeled “Two-Factor Authentication.” Tap to change the settings.
- 6. To enable Two-Factor Authentication, go to the settings page for that feature and turn on the “Text Message” button. For security reasons, Instagram may ask you to provide your password.
- 7. Instagram will ask for verification of your phone number. You can click “Next” to continue if all specified are correct.
- 8. Instagram will send a six-digit SMS to the given number; Enter that number here. Go to your inbox, get the code, then write to Instagram.
- 9. Once the code is entered, Instagram will verify that two-factor authentication works and provide a backup code if necessary. You also get backup passwords from it. If you ever lose your phone and need to return to your account, keep these rules safe.
- 10. When two-factor authentication is enabled for your Instagram account, a confirmation message is displayed.
Why is Instagram not sending SMS codes? (Common Reasons & Solutions)
As we have already established, Instagram plays an important role in our online lives as a portal to our wider network of friends, family, and acquaintances.
To continue, we’ll look at some of the most common cases where “Instagram is not sending SMS code”.
A better understanding of these factors can help you find a solution to this issue and be successful in your Instagram journey:
1. Instagram banned your IP address.
The first reason that causes the “Instagram not sending SMS code” error is banning Instagram.
We have already established that attempting to verify your code from a restricted IP address will not succeed. You can mask your IP address by downloading a virtual private web application. It is compatible with any platform, including Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and more.
2. Instagram has blocked your phone number.
If you violate Instagram’s terms, your phone number may be banned, just like your email address, and this is the second reason for the “not receiving Instagram security code SMS” problem. In that case, your account associated with that number has likely been suspended. Any attempts to use that number will also be blocked.
3. Overloaded servers.
If the SIM card provider’s servers are overloaded, the verification SMS code will not be sent from Instagram. So ideally, you should wait a few hours, or a few days, until the situation returns to normal.
4. You’ve entered the number more than once.
It is possible that you may not receive a security SMS code from Instagram if you have used the same phone number to reach you many times in a row.
5. The VPN service you are using is not licensed.
You might run into some trouble if you’re trying to get an Instagram SMS verification code and using a VPN that Instagram bans.
How To fix not sending SMS codes on Instagram?
You need to fix the issue of Instagram not sending SMS code, and in this way, you can re-login to your account or complete the necessary security settings.
Sure, we can help you with that! Here is a step-by-step guide on how to solve this problem:
· Be sure to verify your number again.
Verify that your Instagram profile’s linked phone number is current. Visit your profile on Instagram, choose “Edit Profile,” then double-check the phone number shown there.
· Repeat the SMS verification process.
You may retry asking for the SMS code from the Instagram login page if you don’t get it the first time. Instagram users have the option of taking several photos.
· The “Try Another Way” button should be used.
Instagram provides many options for verification, including email verification. Select “Try Another Way” if you can still not get SMS codes.
· Check Your Connection to the Internet.
To send and receive SMS codes, you need a constant and reliable data connection to the internet. Ensure you can access the web through wireless or mobile data.
· Remove All History and Cookies.
To log in successfully, it is recommended that you clear your device’s cache and cookies. The settings menu on your gadget will allow you to accomplish this.
· Please upgrade the Instagram app.
Using the most up-to-date Instagram app is essential. When an app is updated, it often includes patches for known bugs and other enhancements.
· Stop using a virtual private network or proxy server.
Disconnect from your virtual private network (VPN) or proxy server if you use one. Such services may impede the delivery of SMS codes on occasion.
· Be patient and wait.
Instagram’s servers may sometimes go down, causing problems on their end. The only option now is to wait for Instagram to fix the issue.
· Try Instagram’s customer service.
If you’ve already tried those solutions and the issue remains on Instagram, you may want to contact Instagram’s support team. The app’s “Report a Problem” button, the company’s online Help Center, or social media pages are all good ways to contact them.
If you’re experiencing issues with Instagram not sending SMS codes, don’t worry!
Just follow these steps, and you can fix the problem quickly. This way, you can easily log in to your account and manage any security measures you need to take.
The problem with Instagram not providing SMS codes might be annoying, but it can be fixed.
Many common factors, such as a lack of connectivity, a clogged server, an erroneous phone number, or a technological error, can cause this difficulty.
Users can often fix this problem on their own with some background information and some basic troubleshooting techniques.
Verifying your phone number, asking for a new SMS verification code to be sent, and trying out other verification strategies are good places to start when dealing with this problem.
Ensure your internet connection is reliable, update your software often, and temporarily turn off VPNs or proxies if you use them. During instances of high demand, Instagram’s servers may temporarily slow down until they catch up.
In the “Instagram not sending SMS code” article, we mentioned common reasons and offered practical solutions.
Finally, we want you to share your experiences in this case in the comment section with us.