LinkedIn is the best platform for job seekers, recruiters, and employers looking for work. You may be able to land your next high-paying job by maintaining an alert for all open positions and creating an appealing LinkedIn profile.
You can’t, however, stay on LinkedIn while looking for a new job. Using job alerts to do the work for you is the solution.
If you want to learn everything there is to know about job alerts on LinkedIn, this guide is for you. It covers understanding and creating job alerts in two different ways. By the end of this guide, you should hopefully have a method for getting the job of your dreams.
LinkedIn allows you to easily create job alerts in two ways. You can set up an alert for jobs that match your search criteria and search for specific job searches. Alternately, if you want to target a particular company, you can look for that company and set up a job alert for any job it posts. You will be notified when there are new jobs once your job alert is set up.
How do LinkedIn job Alerts work?
LinkedIn recognizes that finding a job is never easy. It makes sense that LinkedIn introduced job alerts given the large number of opportunities and jobs posted on the platform.
The purpose of the job alerts is to make it simple for job seekers to be notified whenever a job that matches their description is posted or whenever a particular company posts a job. You will be notified via email for the mobile app when you create a job alert. You can choose how you want to receive notifications about the job when creating a job alert.
After receiving the job alert, you can log in to your account to plan your next steps and the best way to apply. The benefit of job alerts is that you don’t have to constantly be on LinkedIn looking for work. Instead, you set up a job alert and carry on with your other tasks while you wait for the alert.
Making alerts for jobs based on searches for jobs
Do you want to apply for a specific job? LinkedIn lets you search for jobs, and you can set up an alert for jobs that match your search criteria. To create your job alert, use the steps below.
- 1. Log in to your LinkedIn profile.
- 2. clicking on Jobs at the top.
- 3. Search for a specific job by typing its name into the search bar.
- 4. Click the Set alert to activate it after the search results appear.
You can edit or delete your job alert by following the steps below once you have it:
- 1. Log into your account and select Jobs.
- 2. Click on Job alerts on the left.
- 3. A new window will appear.
- 4. To manage the job alert, select the delete or edit icons.
Using the LinkedIn Mobile App
The steps are the same for Android and iOS.
- 1. Access your account by opening the LinkedIn application.
- 2. At the bottom of your screen, select Job.
- 3. Enter the name of the job you want to apply for into the search jobs bar at the top.
- 4. You can even include the job’s location.
- 5. Turn on the option to “Get job alerts for this search” at the bottom of your screen.
- 6. Through LinkedIn notifications and email, you will receive daily job alerts for the specific position.
Nonetheless, the steps listed below can be used to manage the job alerts.
- 1. Log into your LinkedIn account and select Jobs from the menu at the bottom.
- 2. To the right of the search bar, click the three dots.
- 3. Select the option for job alerts.
- 4. Next to the job you want to edit or delete, tap the edit or pencil icon.
- 5. Tap either “Delete” or “Manage” on the job alert option next.
Making job alerts for a specific business
You can set up a job alert for any job the company posts if you want to work for that company. The steps for that are listed below.
Utilizing a Mobile App
- 1. On iOS or Android, you can access your LinkedIn account.
- 2. Look for the company in question.
- 3. Select the company you want to target by selecting it from the Company tab.
- 4. Select the “jobs” tab.
- 5. At the bottom, toggle the option to “Get job alerts for this search.”
- 1. Log in to your LinkedIn profile.
- 2. Enter the name of the company you want to target by clicking on the search bar.
- 3. Select the Jobs and Organization tab. Make sure the company you want is included.
- 4. To create job alerts, click the set alert button at the end.
LinkedIn job alerts not working
When you try to create a job alert, you might get an error message because:
- – LinkedIn emails cannot be sent to your email address according to your settings.
- – Due to the use of offensive phrases, we are unable to create an email alert.
- – It’s possible that you have used up all of your active email alerts.
How many job alerts can I have on LinkedIn?
A maximum of 20 job alerts can be created.
A good way to increase your chances of finding work is to create job alerts.
In this article of howdiscover.com, all of the steps required to create a job alert for a specific job or jobs posted by a specific company have been covered. Best of luck!