In 2023 many people, especially young people, spend many hours on social networks such as Facebook and Instagram. Managing multiple social networks at the same time is time-consuming and difficult.
An effective way to simultaneously manage two popular social networks, namely Facebook and Instagram, which will save you time and energy, is to link these two social networks to each other.
Linking Facebook and Instagram accounts makes them easier to use. With this, you can simply follow your Facebook friends on Instagram or publish to Instagram to make a new post on Facebook.
Although at first glance, this can be interesting, but it has problems in protecting people’s privacy. Many users care more about privacy than ease of use. Maybe you are one of these types of users and you don’t like your Facebook and Instagram accounts to be linked together.
However, it can be irritating to receive notifications for Instagram messages from both Facebook and Instagram. Unlinking Instagram from Facebook might be your best option if you don’t care much about linked accounts.
How to UnLink Instagram from Facebook
In this article, we will teach you how to separate these two user accounts by following simple steps if your user accounts are linked on Facebook and Instagram.
Steps how to unlink Instagram from Facebook
- Log in to your Instagram account with an Android or iOS device.
- Go to the Option section and find the Settings option there. In the settings section, click on the Linked Accounts option.
- By clicking on Linked Accounts, a list of accounts linked to Instagram will be displayed. From this list, click on the Facebook option and then click on the Unlink option.
- At this stage, on devices with iOS operating system, a message will be displayed that you must confirm by selecting Yes, I’m sure.
- By doing these steps, both your accounts will be separated and if you publish a post on Instagram, your Facebook friends won’t see it and vice versa.
Unlink Instagram and Facebook from the PC
Instagram users can quickly and easily unlink their accounts by using a web browser. Your initial step ought to be to open Instagram’s true site. On the official website, follow these steps to disconnect your accounts:
- Click the profile button at the top right of the screen to access Instagram’s profile section.
- Open “Settings” from the options list.
- Move your cursor to the base left of the page and select the blue ‘Accounts Center’ interface there.
- Select “Accounts” from the sidebar on the left.
- Select “Remove” from your Facebook profile.
The Advantages of Separating Your Instagram and Facebook Accounts
Despite the advantages of linking Instagram and Facebook, you give them more control over your data and browsing habits. People may choose to disconnect their Instagram account from their Facebook account due to this scenario. Being hacked and losing control of one of the social media platforms is another possibility. Hackers have taken over the accounts of thousands of users, posting hundreds of photos on Instagram or taking control of their Facebook account and possibly their friend list. That is only a small sample of the possibilities.
The next advantage of separating your Instagram and Facebook accounts is the ability to create a new profile. Without Facebook constantly attempting to recommend your Facebook friends, you will be able to discover and follow new people.
You might also have received the notification that your Facebook friend is on Instagram. When you unlink your Instagram account, Facebook stops notifying your Facebook friends of similar events.
Last but not least, unlink your Instagram and Facebook accounts can help you concentrate more on each platform. You will be able to better curate the content you want to share with your followers on each platform and reduce the likelihood that you will share the same post on both networks.
SEE ALSO: How to use Facebook dating
FAQ – How to unlink Instagram from Facebook 2023
1- By separating Instagram and Facebook accounts, what happens to published posts?
When you separate your Instagram and Facebook user accounts, the posts published in one of these social networks will not be reflected in the other. But this does not apply to previous posts that were published when Instagram and Facebook were linked. If you want to delete your Instagram posts from Facebook after separating your Instagram and Facebook accounts, Facebook has a simple way to do this.
2-What should I do to delete Instagram posts from Facebook after disconnecting?
First, log in to your Facebook account and then do the following steps:
- Go to Facebook Account Settings and click on Apps.
- In the Apps and Websites section, click on the Logged in with Facebook option.
- In the displayed list, find the Instagram option and click on it.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and tap on Remove App option.
- You will receive a confirmation message that you must accept by selecting the Remove option.
You can unlink Instagram from Facebook if you are worried about your accounts’ privacy.
You should be able to disconnect your Instagram account from Facebook if you follow the steps above.