Most users prefer to apply two verification codes to increase the security of Instagram accounts, thanks to the Instagram updates.
So, when users want to log in to their accounts, they should insert a two-factor authentication through SMS or email once they enable this feature.
Things could improve, and users must receive a code to log in to their accounts, which is disappointing.
There is worry if you struggle with the same situation for different reasons. You can access your account by getting a backup code.
But how and where to find the Instagram backup code?
You can follow us throughout this article to find out how to get backup codes for Instagram.
What is the Backup code on Instagram?
Hearing this term for the first time may sound confusing, and because of that, in this section, we clarify it for you, and if you are familiar with this term, you can move on to the next section.
These are 8-digit recovery codes of set an Instagram provides to users who have enabled two-factor authentication (2FA) for their accounts.
When you want to sign in to your Instagram account and don’t have access to your phone to insert a 2-factor verification code, you can use an alternative way to log in to your account by getting a backup code.
So, without any issue, including a backup code enables you to log in to Instagram from different devices.
How to find Instagram backup codes?
Here are methods that you can use to get back up code while you use the Instagram platform:
#1 Generating backup code on the Instagram app
Here are the steps that you need to take to get a backup code if you are on the Instagram app:
1. Open the Instagram app and head to your profile by tapping the profile picture on the home page.
2. Tap on the menu icon in the right-hand corner.
3. Then choose the Settings option and then the Security icon.
4. Click on Account Center.
5. Select the password and security option.
6. Tap on the Two-factor authentication.
7. Choose Additional methods.
8. Then click on Backup codes.
9. After that, you will receive a 5-to-8-digit backup code.
10. In the new screen, tap on the Get new codes icon. And now, you will see the notification informing you that “New codes has been sent”.
11. You can take a screenshot to have this code on your phone.
#2 Generating new backup codes in a Web Browser
Here are the steps that you need to follow to get backup codes on Instagram in a web browser:
1. Open your desired browser on your device and navigate t Instagram website.
2. Click on Profile Picture at the right corner of the screen.
3. Then click on the Settings option.
4. Choose the Privacy and Security option.
5. Click on “Edit Two-Factor Authentication Setting” followed by clicking Two-factor authentication.
6. Click on Additional Methods
7. After that, click on Get Backup codes.
8. Hit the Get New Codes option.
Remember to screenshot or write down these codes and store them in a safe place. You can use each code only once; they are the only way to access your account if you lose access to your 2FA method.
How to use backup code on Instagram?
After getting the backup code for Instagram, you need to know how you can use this code.
Stay with us in this section if you want to know how you can do it:
1. Use your username and password to log in to your Instagram account.
2. You’ll see a screen for inputting security codes on the following page. Beneath this, there’s a text saying, “Try another way.” Click on this.
3. Next, select the option “Use backup code.”
4. Input one of the 8-digit backup codes you previously stored.
How to cancel backup codes on Instagram?
There s no option to cancel receiving a backup code on Instagram; instead, you can regenerate a new one:
1. In the menu list, tap on the Settings option.
2. Then click on Privacy and Security option included in the menu list.
3. Scroll down the list and find Two-Factor Authentication.
4. Now click on Edit Two-Factor Authentication Setting.
5. Go to the Get Backup Codes option, then tap Get New Codes.
Remember, you must be signed in to your Instagram account to view or generate a new list of backup codes.
It’s advisable to copy these codes, screenshot them, or store them by other means to ensure they’re readily available when logging into Instagram.
How can you use backup code on Instagram?
Using backup code on Instagram can be done under these circumstances:
- You can use the backup code only when you want to log in Instagram account. Otherwise, it is useless.
- You can use the backup code one time to access your account.
- If you lose your backup code and cannot use it, you can ask for a new one by contacting the Instagram support team.
- The number of generated backup codes is limited.
- You will receive five backup codes once you request them, so you must take a screenshot to keep these codes to use.
The last words
Instagram, the top platform in the case of social media, offers many features to meet the users’ expectations and smooth the use of this app.
To ensure the privacy of users, it offers two-factor authentication options on Instagram, and each time they want to log in the Instagram, they should insert the code.
But they need access to the phone to log in the Instagram.
So, no worries; you can benefit from the backup option to log in to Instagram.
The backup code is five sets of 8-digit code generated once, and you should write it somewhere or take a screenshot.
In this article, we explore how to generate backup code and how to use it.
Please read this article and still enjoy using Instagram even if you can’t access your phone.
Where to find the Instagram backup code? Have you used a backup code on Instagram? How did you find it? Was it easy to use?
Please share with us your idea about it in the comment section.